FedEx truck accidents are almost inevitable due to the company’s size, workforce, and resources. One of the main causes of these accidents is the immense pressure on drivers to deliver their goods on time.
Drivers may speed up or even break the law due to this constant pressure. You may also be distracted driving, driving while tired, or heavy trucks.
It is difficult to sue a company like FedEx because of an accident. FedEx has the legal resources and the team to deny you the money that you deserve. It is always a good idea to consult FedEx accident lawyers.
FedEx Truck Accidents Are Serious.
Accidents can be dangerous and any motor vehicle accident is painful. But, being in an accident with a FedEx truck can cause serious injuries or even death.
FedEx accidents are often serious due to the weight and size of commercial trucks.
FedEx Truck Accident
A FedEx truck accident can be more complicated than a regular vehicle accident case. Commercial drivers must adhere to stricter regulations and have more expensive coverage.
When operating commercial vehicles, drivers must follow stricter safety rules. FedEx has a number of skilled accountants and lawyers who can help protect their company’s financial position.
- For emergency assistance, dial 911. If you suspect someone is hurt, call immediately. You must also consent to medical treatment.
- Instruct the police to arrive at the scene and compile a report. As they investigate the accident, police will interview witnesses and drivers. This report is crucial for any claim.
- Get copies of the driver’s license and insurance information.
- Take several photographs of the accident site with your camera. It is important to have photo documentation, even if you are suffering from severe injuries. If you are unable or unable to take photos, a witness, police officer, or passenger can take them.
- Get the phone numbers and names of witnesses.
- After an injury, it is crucial to seek medical attention. Your medical records provide substantial evidence of your injuries and can help you determine the settlement amount.
FedEx Truck-Related Complaints
There are many factors that will determine the amount of FedEx truck accidents.
- The severity of the injury
- Actual and future medical expenses
- Time to recover
- Emotional pain
- Participation in illegal substances or alcohol
Fault Parties in FedEx Truck Accidents
FedEx vehicles can cause injury and property damage, but not like private accidents. Your attorney can sue FedEx for indirect liability if the crash was caused solely by the driver’s negligence. FedEx could also be sued for negligent supervision if FedEx fails to properly train drivers or hires drivers who have invalid licenses.
It is not responsible for any accidents. FedEx cannot admit to making a mistake that could lead them to be fined hefty amounts. They avoid this by employing every strategy they can.
How to Recover Compensation from a FedEx Truck Accident
To receive adequate compensation, victims of a FedEx truck accident must follow two steps. First, you need to file a FedEx claim. An attorney is required to collect facts and prepare an insurance claim. Then, a FedEx insurance adjuster will negotiate the appropriate compensation.
The next step is to file an injury lawsuit. Your attorney will include witnesses and accident reconstruction specialists throughout the trial to present evidence to convince the jury that you have a right to financial compensation.